Naxal camp busted in Bijapur; jawan injured

Bijapur, Sep 23: A jawan from the District Reserve Guard (DRG) was injured while defusing an IED recovered at a Maoist camp busted by the security forces in Bijapur district on Wednesday, police said.
A joint patrolling team of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and DRG busted a naxal camp in a forest of Mariwada-Gongla villages under Gangaloor police station area, inspector general of Police (Bastar range) Sundarraj P told PTI.
On sensing the presence of the patrolling team, ultras managed to escape into the dense forest abandoning their camp, he said.
Maoist uniforms, an improvised explosive device (IED), IED switches, torch, iron pellets, Maoist literature, tents, bags, medicines and materials of daily use were recovered from the camp, the official said.
A DRG jawan sustained minor stone pellets injury, when the IED recovered from the camp exploded while being defused, the IG said, adding that his condition is stable.
The search operation was still underway in the area, he said.
Meanwhile, there were reports that four villagers had been killed by naxals in Gangloor area and the patrolling team had launched the operation to confirm the information, said a police officer on condition of anonymity.

Naxals kill man on suspicion of being police informer

Konta: A 22-year-old man was killed by naxals on suspicion of being a police informer in Sukma district, the police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place in Jagargunda police station area, considered to be a Maoist-stronghold.
The body of Uika Hunga, kidnapped by naxals last week, was found between Misiguda and Kundedvillages by some local persons on Wednesday morning, a senior police official said.
As per the preliminary information, the ultras killed Hunga, a native of Kunded, on Tuesday evening, the official said, adding that the exact cause of the death will be known after autopsy.
A handwritten Maoist leaflet found at the spot accused Hunga of being a police informer, and stated that Jagargunda area committee of the rebels took responsibility for the killing.
The police denied that Hunga was associated with them.
A search was launched to nab the ultras, the senior official said.
A family member of the victim told reporters that Hunga was kidnapped by Maoists on September 14 when he was returning after accompanying his sister to her in-laws’ house in a nearby village.

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button