Cosmetics and artificial jewellery worth crores gutted in fire

Bhilai, May 26:
Fire broke out at two shops situated in Moti Complex of Durg in the wee hours of Sunday. Goods and property worth crores were destroyed in the mishap. It is suspected that the blaze was triggered due to electric short circuit in some electrical appliance. The incident occurred at “Jalaram Artificial Jewellery” and “Vijay Super Bazar” in Moti Complex situated near Mahatma Gandhi School.
Smoke emerging from the shop was first spotted by the guard at around 05:00 hrs on Sunday. He immediately informed the shop owner Bharat Bhai of Gaya Nagar. Soon the entire shop was engulfed in fire and huge flames started emerging from the shop. Soon the neighbouring shop “Vijay Super Bazar” was also engulfed in fire.
Fire Tenders from BSP Fire Brigade reached the spot and fire fighting operations were launched. The firemen struggled for about six hours for bringing the fire under control and douse the flames completely. Jalaram Artificial Jewellery Shop is the wholesale and retail shop of artificial Jewellery, cosmetics, readymade clothes and other goods. According to the owner, goods worth around Rs 2 crores were gutted in fire. Vijay Super Bazar was closed few months ago and the vacant premises was being used by the ‘Jalaram Artificial Jewellery’ for storing their goods. When the shop owner entered the shop he found that the electric meter and the panel was completely charred. He suspected that the fire was the outcome of electric short circuit. Meanwhile, police have taken the matter into cognizance and investigations are on.

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button