Another accused of Newai firing incident arrested

Central Chronicle News
Bhilai, Aug 11: District Police succeeded in apprehending another absconding accused of the firing incident which occurred in Newai Police Station area. The accused had openly challenged the cops by using illegal firearms twice within five days in the Tanki Maroda area of Newai.
Few days ago, the prime accused of the incident identified as Mukul Sona was arrested from Bihar. Now the second accused identified as Mukesh Singh alias Panchar resident of Allahabad, has been arrested from Raipur, informed ASP (City) Sanjay Dhruw while addressing media persons here at Police Control Room on Wednesday.
The third accused Nagendra Kumar, a resident of Nalanda Bihar, is still at large.
It needs to be mentioned here that three unidentified ruffians had opened fire on Brijesh Rai alias Pinky Rai in Tanki Maroda area on July 05 midnight. Brijesh had escaped unhurt and on his complaint, an FIR was lodged under section 307 of IPC and section 25, 27 of Arms Act.
Taking the matter into serious cognizance, a special team led by CSP Bhilai Nagar including four Inspectors and 25 officers / personnel was constituted. Footages of more than 50 CCTV cameras were analyzed. As the accused had used a red coloured Maruti 800 car, police started tracing the vehicle at toll booths, ITMS cameras, etc and information of M-800 car owners was collected.
Motor mechanics and spare parts dealers were also questioned about such car. Listed criminals, convicted criminals were summoned to the police station and strictly interrogated.
Those involved in cases of illegal country-made pistols, pistols, accused and their associates collected and examined. Necessary legal action was also taken against many of the habitual and listed offenders.
With sustained efforts, three unknown accused were identified as Mukul Sona alias Sonu of Newai area and two of his associates Mukesh Singh alias Panchar resident of Allahabad, Nagendra Kumar resident of Nalanda Bihar.
After identification, immediate raids were conducted at their respective locations but all the three accused were absconding from their hideouts. Police intensified its efforts to arrest them. The accused were earlier challaned in a kidnapping case.
In the meanwhile, on July 10 at around 19:00 hrs in the Risali area, the three accused again fired bullets in the air and fled after giving another challenge to the police. After the second incident, Durg Police conducted continuous raids at about 40 places of Durg Bhilai city, Titlagarh, Orissa, Dhamtari, Kurud, Keshkal, Kanker, Nagpur, Raipur, Nandini Ahiwara, etc and searched the accused at every possible location.
On the other hand, the accused tried to establish their terror and dominance in the area through social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram. Through an Instagram post, the accused threatened to kill the applicant and made an attempt to mislead the technical tracing and investigation. But the Cyber Cell foiled their by cracking. The technical analysis was being done continuously by the Cyber Cell and on the basis of the outputs; all the possible places were raided.
Police launched a simultaneous campaign against the people who were providing financial help and shelter to the accused. All such people were identified and legal action was taken against them. Police managed to demolish the local network of the accused.

Related Articles

Back to top button